Skip to main content

Pepico Amat stadium was keeping one point for SD Huesca

The Azulgranas draw (0-0) against Eldense, securing points for the third successive game

SD Huesca earned points for the third successive week, and although the Azulgranas’ aspirations were to secure all three, Hidalgo’s men had to settle for a single point in their visit to Eldense. There was no accuracy in either penalty area at the Pepico Amat, and the match ended with its initial score, but keeping the Azulgranas out of the relegation area one more week.

It was Obeng’s header that provided the first threat on target in a match that seemed meant for end-to-end action but gradually became more disorganised as the minutes went by. Joaquin delivered the ball into the heart of the box from the left flank, but Obeng’s clear header went straight into the goalkeeper’s hands. Some minutes later, Gerard Valentin attempted a header from a corner to the far post, but it was also met by the goalkeeper. Sielva tried his luck with a free-kick from a narrow angle on the left, sending it straight into the side netting. Three warnings before the half-hour mark in response to Eldense’s attacks, which hadn’t yet tested Alvaro but carried a sense of danger. As the rain threatened over the Pepico Amat, the momentum swung, leading to the halftime break with the Oscenses looking more threatening towards the home goal. In fact, the last action of the first half was a powerful long-range effort from Gerard Valentin, tipped over the bar by the goalkeeper, with no time left for the ensuing corner.

After the break, Loureiro’s shot following a corner sailed high. However, the statistics were levelled once again as the game developed, with Eldense finding a way to score, only for it to be ruled out for offside in the 62nd. Huesca fired back ten minutes later with a powerful left-footed strike from Ivan Martos, brilliantly saved by the goalkeeper, although the play was similarly ruled offside due to a prior deflection. Hidalgo waited until the 77th to make changes, bringing on Hugo Vallejo and Kento Hashimoto for Javi Martinez and Joaquin. The match slightly heated up towards its end, starting with Tresaco replacing Elady in the 84th, but this time there was no room for surprises, and the three minutes of added time ended with the same initial and final 0-0 score.

Match summary
CD Eldense
CD Eldense
Estadio Municipal Nuevo Pepico Amat
SD Huesca
SD Huesca
A. Aceves photo
31A. Aceves
A. Fernández photo
01A. Fernández
Toni Abad photo
02Toni Abad
Iván Martos photo
03Iván Martos
Iñigo Piña photo
05Iñigo Piña
M. Loureiro photo
05M. Loureiro
Carlos Hdez. photo
06Carlos Hdez.
Juanjo Nieto photo
12Juanjo Nieto
Marc M. photo
23Marc M.
J. Pulido photo
14J. Pulido
S. Ortuño photo
08S. Ortuño72
Gerard V. photo
07Gerard V.
Cris Montes photo
10Cris Montes56
Javi M. C. photo
08Javi M. C.77
I. Chapela photo
20I. Chapela
Joaquín photo
Timor Sva photo
24Timor Sva
Sielva photo
Mo Dauda photo
15Mo Dauda56
Alex Bernal photo
21Alex Bernal72
Obeng photo
Fernando Estévez
Antonio Hidalgo
G. Vallejo photo
01G. Vallejo
Juan Perez photo
13Juan Perez
Mackay D.l photo
13Mackay D.l
02C. Gutierrez
Álex Martínez photo
03Álex Martínez56
Blasco photo
D. Poloni photo
12D. Poloni
I. Vilarrasa photo
20I. Vilarrasa
M. Llambrich photo
14M. Llambrich
Kento photo
Monsalve photo
Alex Balboa photo
26Alex Balboa
Pedro Capó photo
18Pedro Capó72
Doué photo
Hugo Vallejo photo
09Hugo Vallejo77
Ortuño photo
Lombardo photo
Clemente photo
Tresaco photo
J. Jorquera photo
19J. Jorquera
Match officials
Raúl Martín González Francés
Christian Valverde Monsalve
Álvaro Yeray Carreño Cabrera
Gerard Brull Acerete
Fourth official
Gorka Sagués Oscoz
Video Assistant Referee
Marcos Cerdán Aguilar
Assistant VAR Official